OSHA’s Top Ten Violations of 2022
Every fall, The National Safety Council announces OSHA’s Top 10 Most Commonly Cited Violations for the year. This updated list was published in early October of 2022 during the 2022 NSC Safety Congress & Expo, the world’s largest annual gathering of safety professionals.
Fall Protection (1926.501) remains at the top of the list for the 12th year in a row. This year however, Hazard Communication topped Respiratory Protection, moving up from 5th place in 2021.
The Top 10 most frequently cited workplace safety standards for FY 2022 are:
1. Fall Protection – General Requirements (1926.501): 5,260 violations
2. Hazard Communication (1910.1200): 2,424
3. Respiratory Protection (1910.134): 2,185
4. Ladders (1926.1053): 2,143
5. Scaffolding (1926.451): 2,058
6. Lockout/Tagout (1910.147): 1,977
7. Powered Industrial Trucks (1910.178): 1,749
8. Fall Protection – Training Requirements (1926.503): 1,556
9. Personal Protective and Lifesaving Equipment – Eye and Face Protection (1926.102): 1,401
10. Machine Guarding (1910.212): 1,370
According to Lorraine Martin, NSC president and CEO, “OSHA’s annual Top 10 list helps define trends so safety professionals can find the appropriate solutions. Despite advancements in workplace safety, we continue to see the same types of violations each year. It’s more important than ever employers seek education and resources to keep their workers safe.”
Compliance Consultants, Inc. recommends that you use this list to guide you in your decisions regarding safety. If you know your employees are exposed to these kinds of hazards and your programs/processes are not current, please contact us and we can help you.
Whether it’s a Health & Safety Program, Safety Inspections, and/or Training, we can help to ensure you avoid costly fines and worksite downtime.
Contact Us today to set up a free consultation to identify the areas you can improve upon when it comes to keeping your employees safe.