A comprehensive workplace Health and Safety Program is critical to protecting your employees and your business. And having an overall health and safety program has many benefits and advantages in terms of reducing overall operating costs, gaining competitive advantages, and avoiding project delays.
Most Health and Safety Programs take a one-size-fits-all approach that
can still leave your business at risk.
These off-the-rack plans don’t factor in specific and unique details of your operations or job site, leaving you vulnerable to missed hazards, poor employee participation, and lack of broad communication within your organization. Plus, they may not reflect the latest regulations.
OSHA’s Primary Steps for a Health and Safety Program
While OSHA does not require a specific health and safety program, they do outline 6 key recommended practices or considerations when developing a plan for your organization.
- MANAGEMENT LEADERSHIP
- WORKER PARTICIPATION
- HAZARD IDENTIFICATION AND ASSESSMENT
- HAZARD PREVENTION AND CONTROL
- EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- PROGRAM EVALUATION AND IMPROVEMENT
These 6 areas outlined provide a comprehensive list of all the assessments and considerations that must be taken into account. Provided under each of these practices are many more details outlined here in this resource.
Here is a comprehensive OSHA document that provides all the details you need to considered for each of the above.
Three Steps For a Customized Health and Safety Program
At Compliance Consultants, Inc. we pride ourselves on creating Health and Safety Programs that protect your business from every angle.
Compliance Consultants, Inc. does not take a “one-size-fits-all” approach when developing health and safety programs for clients. We assess your specific needs and situation, develop up-to-date recommendations, and we stay with you every step of the way during implementation.
CCI helps you anticipate hazards and mitigate them before they can cause an accident or injury by following these 3 main guidelines:
- Assessment – CCI will conduct a comprehensive Health and Safety Survey at your facility and/or job sites to understand your operations and review work hazards. We’ll observe processes, review incident records, and meet with managers onsite.
- Development – Based on the assessment, we will develop a comprehensive set of policies and procedures. Your plan will reflect our knowledge of ever-changing regulatory requirements as well as recommendations and feedback from your management team.
- Implementation – CCI will outline steps to apply the new safety policies and procedures into daily work activities. We’ll ensure the program becomes a vital resource to reduce potential incidents. We also offer a Safety Program Orientation Training for your employees.
Why Invest in a Health and Safety Program for Your Workplace?
There are many important reasons to make the investment in a comprehensive health and safety program for your workplace. Of course, worker safety is everyone’s primary concern, but there are also some important business factors that come into play.
Here are a number of ways your organization can benefit:
- Win More Bids – A robust program shows your commitment to safety, setting you apart from competitors.
- Avoid OSHA Citations – An up-to-date program keeps the risk of OSHA citations low.
- Lower Costs – With a health and safety program in place, your business is eligible for discounted insurance premiums.
- Increased Productivity – With fewer injuries, employee morale stays high and work stays on track.
- Fewer Delays – Greater productivity and fewer incidents means fewer delays on your projects, making clients happier and reducing overhead.
- Get Prequalified – Your business can bid on more opportunities by meeting Health & Safety requirements.
Don’t delay . . . get started today!